ELECTRICAL FIELD SERVICES TECHNICIAN/TECHNOLOGIST – 3+ years experience
Magna is currently seeking TWO Electrical Field Services Technician/Technologist in our Edmonton region. The successful candidate will be accountable to work with project teams on electrical field projects; ultimately providing exceptional client experiences through commissioning, repair and maintenance of primary and secondary power equipment.
- Contract (March to June 2018)
- Edmonton Region
- Full time permanent
- Edmonton Region
- Work safely and effectively on low, medium, and high voltage electrical systems in a variety of environments, including commercial, utilities, manufacturing, mining, pipeline and oil and gas
- Commissioning, repair and maintenance of primary and secondary power equipment including circuit breakers, transformers, switchgear, protective relays, etc.
- Confidently work with various brands of test and troubleshooting equipment
- Work with project teams effectively through collaboration, support, and team focus
- Ensure safe work process is executed with each job and a culture of safety is fostered
- Ensure completion of technical reports and follow up with clients to ensure satisfaction and completeness of work
- Ability to interact with clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Various other duties as required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- MUST have either an Electrical Engineering Degree, PSE (Power Systems Electrician) or Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma
- 3+ years of hands-on field experience commissioning, testing or maintaining power delivery equipment, including breakers, switchgear, relays, transformers
- Broad knowledge in commercial, industrial and utility environments
- Proven experience working within teams
- Self-motivated, self-managed, flexible and driven
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills with an attention to detail
- The ability to work flexible shifts, which include weekends, evenings and statutory holidays
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability and willingness to travel whenever work commitments require
- Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A positive, “can-do” attitude
All interested applicants are invited to apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.