We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated Commercial Field Services Electrician/Technologist in our Edmonton office. As a dedicated member to our Commercial business, the successful candidate will be accountable to work with project teams on commercial electrical field projects; ultimately providing exceptional client experiences through maintenance, repair and commissioning of primary and secondary power equipment.
- Work safely and effectively on voltages up to 35kV in a variety of environments, mainly commercial, with some exposure to utilities, manufacturing, mining, pipeline and oil and gas.
- Conduct maintenance, repair and commissioning of primary and secondary power equipment including circuit breakers, transformers, switchgear, protective relays, etc.
- Confidently work with various brands of test and troubleshooting equipment
- Work with project teams effectively through collaboration, support, and team focus
- Ensure completion of all technical reports and follow up with clients to ensure satisfaction and completeness of work.
- Various other duties as required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Journeyman Electrician with Interprovincial Red Seal
- Power Systems Electrician Certificate or enrolled in PSE Apprentice Program and/or; Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma or Electrical Engineering Degree
- 5+ years’ experience working in commercial or industrial electrical maintenance
- Hands-on field experience commissioning, testing and maintaining power delivery equipment, including breakers, switchgear, relays, transformers
- Experience with troubleshooting control circuits with and without drawings
- Broad knowledge in commercial, industrial and utility environments
- Proven experience working within teams
- Must have a valid Alberta driver’s license, trailer towing experience would be an asset
- Ability to self manage with proven initiative and client focus
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Excellent time management skills with an attention to detail
- The ability to work flexible shifts, which may include weekends, evenings and statutory holidays
- Ability to travel often on short notice as per client demands
- Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A positive, “can-do” attitude
All interested applicants are invited to apply directly to email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.