We have an exciting opportunity for an Field Services Technician/Technologist - Summer Student with our Saskatchewan team. If you are currently working towards your Electrical Engineering degree or your Electrical Engineering Technology diploma and are looking for hands on summer experience, apply today. The successful candidate will be accountable to work with project teams on electrical field, engineering and shop projects; ultimately providing exceptional client experiences through commissioning, repair and maintenance of primary and secondary power equipment.
- Work safely and effectively on low, medium, and high voltage electrical systems in a variety of environments, including commercial, utilities, manufacturing, mining, pipeline and oil and gas
- Commissioning, repair and maintenance of primary and secondary power equipment including circuit breakers, transformers, switchgear, protective relays, etc.
- Assistance with engineering projects including greenfield/brownfield design, studies, research, and consulting type work
- Assistance with switching device refurbishment work our Saskatoon shop
- Confidently work with various brands of test and troubleshooting equipment
- Work with project teams effectively through collaboration, support, and team focus
- Ensure safe work process is executed with each job and a culture of safety is fostered
- Ensure completion of technical reports and follow up with clients to ensure satisfaction and completeness of work
- Ability to interact with clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Various miscellaneous duties as required at the Saskatoon office
- Available May 1 to August 30, 2019
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Currently working towards a diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology, degree in Electrical Engineering, or electrical apprenticeship
- MUST Have experience in any type of hands-on mechanical environment
- Hands-on field experience commissioning, testing or maintaining power delivery equipment, including breakers, switchgear, relays, transformers would be an asset
- Knowledge in commercial, industrial and utility environments
- Strong mathematical background with a basic understanding of three phase power theory and electrical control systems
- Experience working within teams
- Self-motivated, self-managed, flexible and driven
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills with an attention to detail
- The ability to work flexible shifts, which include weekends, evenings and statutory holidays
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability and willingness to travel and to be out of town frequently
- Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A positive, “can-do” attitude
All interested applicants are invited to apply directly to email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.