Electrical Field Services Engineer/Technician - New Grad
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Field Services Engineer/ Technician – New Grad. The successful candidate will be accountable to work with project teams on electrical field projects; ultimately providing exceptional client experiences through commissioning, repair and maintenance of primary and secondary power equipment.
- Work safely and effectively on low, medium, and high voltage electrical systems in a variety of environments, including commercial, utilities, manufacturing, mining, pipeline and oil and gas
- Commissioning, repair and maintenance of primary and secondary power equipment including circuit breakers, transformers, switchgear, protective relays, etc.
- Confidently work with various brands of test and troubleshooting equipment
- Work with project teams effectively through collaboration, support, and team focus
- Ensure safe work process is executed with each job and a culture of safety is fostered
- Ensure completion of technical reports and follow up with clients to ensure satisfaction and completeness of work
- Ability to interact with clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Energization plans and final technical approval
- Various other duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- MUST have an Electrical Engineering Degree or Electrical Technology diploma
- 1 year of hands-on field experience commissioning, testing or maintaining power delivery equipment, including breakers, switchgear, relays, transformers would be an asset
- Hands on experience with basic tools in a mechanical, electrical or labor position would be an asset
- Knowledge in commercial, industrial and utility environments would be an asset
- Experience working within teams
- Self-motivated, self-managed, flexible and driven
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills with an attention to detail
- The ability to work flexible shifts, which include weekends, evenings and statutory holidays
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
- Ability and willingness to travel and to be out of town frequently
- Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A positive, “can-do” attitude
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
To apply, forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.