We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Client Manager within our Edmonton Technical Field Services team. Reporting to the Technical Field Services Operations Manager, the Junior Client Manager will be accountable for leading projects, building and maintaining client relationships, and leading 1-3 junior Field Service Technicians. This position will work closely with a Client Manager to support specific projects and people; ultimately providing exceptional client service through the completion of Field Services projects.
- Accountable for one (1) client site where you are expected to build and maintain relationships with that client, site contractors, and site personnel to develop work, respond to proposal requests, and complete quotations
- Seek out opportunities within specific client sites and extract new RFQ’s to bid on
- Work closely with Client Managers to discuss potential opportunities and collaborate on new opportunities
- Understand Magna’s breadth of services and be a driver in offering those services to your client site.
Project Management & Execution
- Ensure proper, complete preparation is done for scheduled work, including tools and equipment required
- Lead project teams effectively through collaboration, support, and team focus
- Work safely and effectively on low, medium, and high voltage electrical systems in a variety of environments, including commercial, utilities, manufacturing, mining, pipeline and oil and gas
- Commissioning, repair and maintenance of primary and secondary power equipment including circuit breakers, transformers, switchgear, protective relays, etc.
- Confidently work with various brands of test and troubleshooting equipment
- Ensure safe work process is executed with each job and a culture of safety is fostered
- Identify and investigate all safety matters and complete all required documentation including incident reports and near miss reports
- Work closely with Client Managers to schedule and assign work
- Ensure work is properly executed and accounted for
- Ensure completion of reports and follow up with clients to ensure satisfaction and completeness of work
- Complete project invoicing in conjunction with Accounts Payable
- Identify potential engineering work for internal referral
- Provide resources to other teams and regions as required by work load scheduling process
- Contribute to the development of descriptions of work (process, procedures) and work execution tools
- Drive and participate in the improvement of processes
- Organize, motivate, and coordinate a team of Technicians who are responsible for project execution
- Deploy and utilize team resources effectively to ensure maximum efficiencies, exceptional client service and employee engagement
- Provide regular feedback to Client Manager on the teams operational performance
- Provide expertise to team members to troubleshoot technical and project matters
- Ensure effective communication with all team members regarding project work, business updates, etc.
- Be a leader, motivator and role model for Magna’s Mission, Values and client service culture.
- Foster a culture of strong client relationships and support team members in establishing strong relationships and communication with clients
- 5+ years’ experience as an Electrical Engineer/ Electrical Technologist / Field Technician / Power Systems Electrician preferred
- Trade or technical school certification, preferred
- PSE (Power Systems Electrician) or AT (Associate Engineering Technologist) would be an asset
- NETA (International Electrical Testing Association) certification preferred
- Relevant experience in maintenance, repair, rebuild and troubleshooting of transformers, protective relays and circuit breakers preferred
- Proficient knowledge of the principles behind the test equipment used and well-rounded understanding of power systems
- Experience in the Installation, commissioning and start-up of power equipment preferred
- Experience working with automation & control systems in the power and utilities market is an asset
- Possesses hands-on field experience in commissioning, testing or maintaining power delivery equipment; including breakers, switchgear, relays, and transformers preferred
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally- approx. 50% overnight travel
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Career-minded individual with proven initiative, client focus and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent time management skills (able to work with minimal supervision)
- Able to work flexible hours that might include weekends, evenings and holidays
- Work as a team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
Please apply directly to email@example.com.