We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Representative based in our Calgary region. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be accountable for networking with clients, articulating Magna’s complete solutions and services, preparation, follow-up and closing on proposals. Candidate will also be responsible for securing new clients/business in the Calgary and Southern Alberta regions as well as maintaining existing client relationships. Magna IV intends on servicing customers across all sectors and industries.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following areas:
- Work with Operations Manager and Business Development personnel to build a strategy and focus market segments for opportunity pursuit.
- Identify and seek out leads with existing and new potential clients. Coordinate activities with Operations, Business Development and Marketing personnel to achieve a collaborative effort with the goal of creating confidence within industry for Magna IV Engineering’s capabilities.
- Interact with clients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Interact and collaborate with client managers from other teams, departments, and offices to share client information and seek shared opportunities.
- Foster a culture of strong client relationships and support team members in establishing strong relationships and communication with clients
- Identify opportunities for proposals, draft proposals, and explain/negotiate proposals with clients or delegate to the applicable project manager(s)
- Assist in the development of proposals based on audits, studies, and recommendations in response to client requests
- Interact with clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Attend pre-contract client meetings to help solidify Magna’s position and increase client confidence in the local Magna team
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach to building client relationships and growing the business in the assigned territory.
- Seek out networking opportunities with potential clients and industry colleagues through industry networking events to grow Magna’s presence in the region.
- It is expected that the candidate, through their previous industry experience and relationships, has existing clientele and/or contacts whom they can approach for potential services by Magna.
1. Client networking and site visits
- Complete 8 -10 client visits per work week
- Generate and maintain a CRM funnel of identified opportunities
2. Quotes/proposals target
- Complete viable quotes/proposals
3. Revenue target
- Meet revenue targets
- Experience in sales relevant to the electrical technology industry
- General understanding of high, medium and low voltage equipment, commissioning, testing or maintaining power delivery equipment, including breakers, switchgear, relays, transformers
- Broad knowledge in industrial, utility and commercial environments
- Exceptional independent leadership skills with the ability to self-motivate and develop a strategy to achieve results
- Ability to multi-task, exercise good judgment and prioritize workload through outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills with an attention to detail
- Dedicated to providing exceptional client experiences to our internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with highly developed relationship management skills to interact with various levels within the clients’ organization
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
- A positive, “can-do” attitude, is highly self-motivated, energetic, passionate and reliable
Please apply by sending your resume directly to email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.