NETA III Field Services Technician / Technologist / Engineer
Albany, New York
We have an exciting opportunity for NETA III Field Services Technicians, Technologists, or Electrical Engineers to work in Albany New York supporting electrical maintenance and commissioning projects in the State of New York.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following areas:
- Coordinate work orders with commissioning crews and receive permits for work
- Work with the client’s planners to improve upon work orders where possible
- Coordinate to facilitate test equipment requirements
- Provide project status updates to client’s reliability team daily
- Maintain effective communication with internal and external groups regarding milestone achievements, costs, opportunities, etc.
- Escalate awareness of issues and concerns on projects within a timely manner to Client Manager and client
- Develop site strategy and adjust timelines
- Ensure leadership safety excellence is demonstrated onsite
- Responsible for site quality and document reviews
- Responsible for the safety of yourself and crew members working under your supervision
- Ensure daily work is completed as per client work orders
- Ensure documentation is completed, compiled and filed in accordance with client’s procedure
- Ensure completion and submission of all documents
- Ensure clients drawings are accurate and up to date for applicable scopes
- Complete technical reviews
- Support invoicing by ensuring signed daily reports for additional work
- Ensure all safety policies are adhered to at all times
- Participate on weekly meetings with the client and vendors
- Participate in safety meetings
- Be known as a Magna safety leader on the clients work site
- MUST be a certified NETA III or NETA IV Technician/Technologist/Engineer
- 5+ years’ experience as an Electrical Technologist / Field Technician / Power System Electrician / Electrical Engineer
- Hands-on field experience commissioning, testing or maintaining power delivery equipment, including breakers, switchgear, relays, transformers.
- Broad knowledge in industrial and utility environments
- Trade or tech school certification required
- Electrical Engineering degree, PSE (Power Systems Electrician) or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist) is an asset
- Proven experience leading engaged and productive project teams
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to self-manage with proven initiative and client focus
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills with an attention to detail
- MUST have the ability to work flexible shifts, which include weekends, evenings and statutory holidays
- Ability to travel within North and South America
- Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Please apply by sending your resume directly to email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.