Engineering Manager, (PE)
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager in our Denver office. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the successful candidate will be accountable for all aspects of business management, development, proposal support, project management, leadership and mentoring of team members as needed. The role is accountable for the Departmental budget.
Engineering, Design & Technical Management (~25% time commitment)
- Apply practical application experience and knowledge of power and control systems
- Lead and manage project teams effectively through technical expertise, collaboration, and leadership skills
- Provide expertise and consulting on power systems; including electrical studies, apparatus, SCADA and protection & control
- Work safely around high, medium and low voltage electrical systems in a variety of environments, including utility, industrial, data centers, mining, and oil and gas facilities
- lead the preparation of specifications, scope development, WBS for electrical and power projects
- Review, compilation and authentication of designs, technical reports and recommendations
Project Management (~30% time commitment)
- Oversee all aspects of projects having been assigned project management responsibilities.
- Plan resources effectively and work collaboratively with other teams, departments and regions to share resources
- Complete all project deliverables to the satisfaction of the client
- Be the authenticating engineer - for each project ensure a professional engineer has been assigned responsibility for any required review, verification, and authentication
- Participate in project Risk Reviews
- Maintain necessary communication with the client
- Ensure proper, complete preparation is done for scheduled work
- Ensure safe work processes are executed with each job and a culture of safety is fostered
- Ensure work is executed to the highest standard
- Ensure completion of reports and follow up with clients to ensure satisfaction and completeness of work
- Complete project invoicing with the support of Accounting personnel in a timely manner
- Maintain acceptable profit margins on all projects
Leadership: (~20% time commitment)
- Lead and Manage any assigned personnel through strong people leadership skills and a drive for results.
- Determine resource needs based on estimated project workload forecasts and execute recruitment of appropriate talent with Human Resources.
- Identify and develop assigned personnel to ensure the highest performance standards are achieved while developing team members within their current role and for future roles; to be a source of talent for Magna.
- Support and implement employee engagement practices to ensure we attract and retain the best talent.
Client Management and Business Development (~25% time commitment)
- Identify and seek out leads with existing and potential clients. Coordinate activities with Marketing personnel to achieve a collaborative effort with the goal of creating confidence within industry for Magna IV Engineering’s capabilities.
- Actively network within the industry by participating at trade shows and seminars
- Interact and collaborate with Senior Engineers from other teams, departments, and offices to share client information and seek shared opportunities
- Identify, coordinate, and implement operations initiatives that will provide solutions that satisfy the problems of our clients
- Foster a culture of strong client relationships and support team members in establishing strong relationships and communication with clients
- Identify opportunities for proposals, draft proposals, and explain/negotiate proposals with clients or delegate to the applicable project manager(s)
- Develop proposals based on audits, studies, and recommendations in response to client requests
- Interact with clients in a courteous and professional manner
Success of the Engineer Manager will be based on the following general metrics:
- Development of existing and new relevant Services/markets and clients
- Project profitability
- Productivity and efficiency of any assigned team members
- Employee engagement and retention
- Leadership and Retention of existing markets and clients
Qualifications and Requisite Experience
- Electrical Engineering degree with PE (and ability to register in multiple states)
- A minimum 15 years experience with a mix of leading and executing projects including
- Power system design; electrical and system studies (including load flow, switching, short circuit, phase coordination, arc flash, grounding step and touch, harmonics, for example)
- PMP favourably considered
- Experience with preparation SoW’s, Construction Work Packages, WBS
- Experience with bidding (winning and contract negotiations) of complex electrical projects
- Broad knowledge in utility, power, industrial, and commercial environments
- Experience and working knowledge of EMTP, PSS/E, ETAP, SKM, EasyPower or equivalent software tools
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to engage, motivate and develop a team to achieve results
- Possesses a positive attitude, is highly self-motivated, energetic, passionate and reliable
- Proven ability to proactively and effectively communicate with various cross functional stakeholders to achieve operational excellence
- Ability to multi-task, exercise good judgment and prioritize workload through outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Dedicated to providing exceptional client experiences to our internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with highly developed relationship management skills to interact with various levels within an organization
- Proven commitment to safety
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
- The ability to travel and work flexible hours, which include weekends, evenings and statutory holidays
All interested applicants are invited to apply directly to email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.