We have an exciting opportunity for a Cyber and Network Specialist in our Calgary office. The Automation team is looking for a highly skilled individual to maintain a secure and reliable Process Control Network (PCN), Process Information Network (PIN) and Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) infrastructure to support operations and mining. If you’re passionate about working in a dynamic team, implementing and maintaining new technology, systems, and network practices, then this role is for you!
You will use your expertise to:
- Maintain, monitor and improve the security, reliability and performance of the PCN, PIN and DMZ infrastructure assets.
- Integrate process control applications with business network infrastructure.
- Continuously improve existing processes for supporting internal stakeholders.
- Implementing new projects and migration efforts.
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Five years of related experience in an industrial setting.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Demonstrated a breadth of computer knowledge and networking; including communication protocols, Firewall administration, switch configuration, operating systems (Linux and Microsoft Windows), virtualization (VMware), backup and storage, system monitoring tools and advanced programming/scripting concepts.
- Virtualization – VMWare (ESXi) 6.5/5.5, Citrix XenApp 7/6.5, Virtual Box, Hyper-V.
- Cloud Technologies – Amazon Web Services (AWS), Logfire Oracle WMS.
- Operating Systems – Windows server 2016/2012 R2/2008 R2, Windows 10/8/7, Ubuntu/CentOS Linux.
- Datacenter/Server – HP Synergy Chassis, HP OneView, HPProliant G6/G8/G9, HP iLO.
- Network Environments – Cisco IOS, Aruba Networks/Wireless/Airwave, VisualRF.
- Networking Protocols – EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, VLAN, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, VPN, LDAP.
- Storage/Backup Systems – HP 3Par StoreServe SAN, P2000 SAN, FreeNAS, Commvault.
- Security Appliances – Active directory, Cisco ASA, Aruba ClearPass NAC, MacAfee EPO EDS, Barracuda Web Security, pfSense Open Source Firewall.
- Database Systems – SQL Server 2016/2014/2012, MySQL.
- Programming Languages – PowerShell Scripting, Python, C/C ++, C#, Java, Visual Basic, SQL.
- Internet Technologies – WordPress, Joomla, PHP, XML, HTML.
- Telecom Management – Avaya IP Office R10, SOTI MDM, Blackberry BES10/UEM, Enghouse CIM CC.
- Other Applications – MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook), Office 365, MS Exchange 2013/2010, PRTG, Naverisk, Wireshark, Ipswich WhatsUp Gold.
- Other IT Components – Problem/Change Management, ITIL, DRP, GXP Systems Validation, IT Automation.
- Proven analytical & problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic & committed team player
- Smart worker & continuously improving
- Focused and ready for a challenge
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Strive to learn & implement new technologies
- Versatile communication skills
- Quick to adapt in new environments
- Solid understanding of cyber security policies and practices
- Experience migrating and upgrading system infrastructure
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities under tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills with the ability and desire to continuously improve technical knowledge
- Strong leadership skills when communicating process control systems and network concepts to diverse groups with various levels of understanding and experience
- Experience with Process Control Systems an asset (Honeywell, Rockwell, Schneider)
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
- You will work out of our Magna Calgary office with site work as and when required by the project sites in North America
- Site work might be shift based schedule. As for example 7 days on/7 days off rotation.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
To apply, forward resumes to email@example.com.