PLC / HMI Programmer, Intermediate
We have an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate PLC / HMI Programmer in our Edmonton office. Reporting to the Automation Supervisor, the successful candidate will be accountable to recommend and program solutions for industrial control systems; ultimately providing exceptional client service.
- Provide expertise on PLC / HMI Programming to project teams and clients internationally
- Complete projects on time, within budget and with exceptional quality and documentation
- Partner with cross functional teams to meet client needs
- Technical report writing in English and Spanish
- Interact with clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Various other duties as required
- Travel 15-35% of the year based on project requirements.
- 3+ years of experience as an ABB PLC / HMI programmer.
- Specific experience required with legacy ABB Compact Builder 5.1.1. (applicant should specifically describe related experience)
- Experience with ABB 800xA Programmable Controllers is required (applicant should specifically describe related experience).
- In addition, software development knowledge with one or more of the following systems would be an asset:
- Allen Bradley
- Schneider Modicon
- Hands-on field experience commissioning and troubleshooting of controls systems is required.
- Mining and materials handling knowledge
- Industrial and utility environments may be considered
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a valid passport
- Must be willing to travel internationally (Chile)
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Excellent comprehension and technical writing skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Team player with positive “can-do” attitude
All interested applicants are invited to apply directly to email@example.com by December 31, 2019.
Include "ABB PLC / HMI Programmer - Intermediate" in the subject line.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.