Sales Manager - USA
Denver, Colorado or Houston, Texas
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Sales Manager covering all United States with a focus on Colorado / Texas markets. Reporting to the Vice President USA, this position is responsible for growing existing relationships and tenaciously mining new opportunities and partnerships. As part of the leadership team in the United States, this position is also responsible to engage in sales and marketing activities geared towards the growth and development of the business across the United States.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager who is a creative, forward thinker with a passion for coaching and sales. Magna IV Engineering is a Power and Automation Solutions Provider, with a core focus on engineering and field services. We provide services across all market sectors where electrical and control systems are used. Our 38 years of growth has been the result of a continual focus on creating a superior client experience.
New Client Sales
- Collaborate with Operations Leadership to identify target markets, services, and clients in which to seek out new business opportunities.
- Analyze potential customers to determine profitability and suitability.
- Maintain proactive and purposeful new sales development activities with potential clients.
- Identify sales calls and provide direction for Client Managers and Consulting Engineers to sell their technical expertise.
- Supported by Client Managers, Project Managers, and technical experts, prepare proposals for Magna IV Engineering’s services, negotiate contracts, and close sales.
- Support and work collaboratively with other sales team members to achieve new client sales.
- Understand the underlying technology used by the company to deliver its services and make a conscious effort to continually enhance this knowledge.
- Perform Account Management duties for an assigned portfolio of key accounts; collaborate with a team of Client Manager peers who execute services for key accounts in a variety of services and locations.
- Develop and maintain Key Account Management plan(s).
- Build and maintain mutually favorable business/personal relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Establish and maintain relationships with senior level personnel at key client organizations.
- Collaborate with regional leadership to ensure alignment of sales efforts.
- Measure customer satisfaction by conducting follow up phone calls, attending customer meetings and working closely with the Client Manager(s) to handle any customer satisfaction issues.
- Conduct continuing market surveys to uncover and facilitate the pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Conduct continuing competitive surveys/analysis to determine our business base, personnel, strengths, weaknesses, and use that information to focus sales efforts on gaining that business.
- Consult with Operations and Senior Management on market development strategies and capability improvement needed to better meet current and anticipated marketplace opportunities.
- Assist the Marketing Manager with the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs; prepare for and attend exhibits, conferences, meetings, and other local, regional, and national promotional opportunities.
- Contribute to budget planning, forecasting and goal setting for the region.
- Lead account planning strategy sessions aimed at retaining and acquiring customers and increasing business opportunities.
- 5+ years of Sales or Industry Experience
- Experience with electrical power systems and/or technical and engineering services is a strong asset.
- Strong background with the acquisition, retention and re-engagement of customers.
- Experience in development of sales tools, territory and pipeline management.
- Strong knowledge of sales systems and tracking and utilization of sales related data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management, organization and decision-making skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to work in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Ability to travel at least 60% of the time (throughout USA).
- Has a valid Driver’s License
All interested applicants are invited to apply directly to email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.