Electrical Engineer – Water / Wastewater
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer with experience in water / wastewater projects within our Denver office. As part of the Engineering Department - the successful candidate will be accountable to provide support to the group on electrical discipline client projects with the added engineering support in the field 10% of the time; ultimately providing exceptional client experiences. This opportunity will require the candidate to work with a team of electrical engineers and technologist to complete designs and provide construction support for projects in the water and wastewater industry.
- Engineer of record for water / wastewater & other industrial projects for electrical and control systems.
- Lead and/or provide technical support to a team of engineers and technologists to produce complete construction documents for electrical distribution systems and controls systems.
- Review and/or define project scope with the client on site.
- Perform site data collection and site investigations.
- Provide cost estimate for consulting and construction budgets for the client.
- Work with prime consultants to complete projects requiring disciplines other than electrical.
- Provide sketches and drawing markups for incorporation into drawing packages.
- As the engineer of record you will be responsible for reviewing designs produced by the team for authentication.
- Complete Power system studies;
- Short Circuit, Coordination, Arc Flash.
- Load Flow, Voltage Drop.
- Motor Starting Studies.
- Grounding Studies.
- Prepare engineering deliverables for all phases of projects in both brownfield and greenfield environments.
- Complete technical report writing.
- Provide technical assistance (both in the office and in the field) with field services technicians/technologists.
- Work with clients to develop effective solutions to meet onsite problems including estimating project budgets.
- Ensure safe work processes are executed with each job and a culture of safety is fostered.
- Work safely around low, medium, and high voltage electrical systems in a variety of environments, including industrial, utilities, manufacturing, mining, and oil and gas.
- Interact with clients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provide construction phase services support, including RFI’s, submittals, and on sire inspections
- Various other duties as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 years of work experience post-graduation; direct experience with water / wastewater or infrastructure projects
- Professional Engineer designation preferred
- Experience in developing and interpreting results from Power study software including SKM, ETAP, and software would be considered an asset.
- Background with both greenfield and brownfield installations as well as retro-fitting type solutions preferred.
- Onsite experience with hands on onsite construction, testing, commissioning, and start-up would be an asset.
- Development of Relay Settings would be considered an asset.
- Controls system design and programming would be considered an asset.
- Experience in some or all of the following industries would be an asset:
- Oil and Gas.
- Heavy Industrial.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability and willingness to travel up 20%.
- Ability to self-manage with proven initiative and client focus.
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, Revit.
- Strong problem solving skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent time management skills with an attention to detail.
- Team player with leadership qualities, and excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- A positive, “can-do” attitude.
All interested applicants are invited to apply directly to email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.