An Update on Magna IV Engineering's COVID-19 Response Plan
March 16, 2020
As an emergency support provider to our clients when electrical services need to be safely restored or maintained, we would like to keep you informed about the increased measures we are taking regarding the novel Coronavirus and its disease, COVID-19.
Our goal continues to be to deliver the service and support that you depend on --while implementing preventative measures for your safety, and that of our employees and the public.
Magna considers the safety of its employees, contractors, neighbors, clients and the general public to be of primary importance. Safety is ingrained in our core values and is one we share with our clients, vendors and partners. Your questions and feedback can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Messages sent to this address will be directed to Magna IV Engineering's COVID-19 Advisory Committee for immediate attention.
We want you to communicate that we have taken the following steps to address COVID-19:
- Our leadership team is actively monitoring the situation across all regions and the potential impact on the public, our clients, employees, operations and projects. Magna's COVID-19 Advisory Committee has daily meetings to review developments, assess risks, update information to be distributed to stakeholders, update status reports and implement action plans.
- Additionally, our Health and Safety team is continually monitoring the World Health Organization, CDC and Health Canada websites.
- We have shared (and implemented) with our employees several preventative measures:
- Respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Frequent hand-washing
- Social distancing
- Working from home protocol implemented where possible
- Self-isolation for employees with affected household members
- We have asked any employee not feeling well to stay at home and consult with their doctor and advise us accordingly
- Consistent with government and health authority guidelines, we are instituting the following travel policies:
- 14-day self isolation for employees who have
- Traveled outside their home regions (Canada, USA and Chile) for business or personal reasons; or
- Those who have family members who have done so, and/or who have been in proximity to anyone suspected of having or confirmed with the virus within the last 14 days
- Business travel not directly related to the execution of a project has been cancelled;
- Employees and family members have been advised to avoid unnecessary personal travel.
- Employees/Teams working at remote sites (or on Client premises) are required to do a risk assessment of the area and ensure third parties have also instituted COVID-19 best practices
- Our office locations across Canada, USA and Chile have been instructed to restrict access for non-essential employees. Team members are urged to have video conferences and phone calls instead of face-to-face meetings.
- While we will normally welcome our clients into our office, please note that we have the technology available for online meetings. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you wish to take advantage of this.
- We are communicating with our suppliers and sub-contractors that they must also comply with preventative measures similar to those mentioned above.
As always, we appreciate your trust and partnership as we continue to monitor this situation and adjust our policies accordingly.
Do you, as a client or contact of ours, have any COVID-19 related policies or directives you'd like to share with us? If so, please forward them to email@example.com and we'll ensure that they're relayed appropriately within our team.
Please continue to look after each other, apply logic, don't panic, exercise caution and stay safe.