Magna IV Engineering provides complete turnkey solutions for relay upgrades, combining engineering, procurement, project management, installation, testing and commissioning.
- Preparation of the scope of work package
- New system design
- Conversion of existing relay settings
- Coordination of fault studies
- Creation of as-built documentation
Metering upgrades involve the replacement of old analog meters such as ammeters, voltmeters, and power factor meters with a single multifunction digital meter. Benefits include space saving and remote communication, enabling efficient monitoring and plant optimization.
Obsolete, mechanical relays are susceptible to drifting. New digital relays provide enhanced protection and communication capabilities, including event and disturbance recording.
Outdated controls may not be able to handle new needs that arise. Some of the most common upgrades Magna IV Engineering performs are:
- Synchronous motor control upgrades
- Generator sync remote control